Delhi is known for its Chaat and Parathas and we all know that so here is the list of famous street food in Delhi. Last time I went there I had thought of preparing this Delhi street food list so that others can know when they come to this heaven of chaat.
So without wasting time let’s start this list of best street food in Delhi.
- Ballimaran : This is the home of world famous Poet Mirza Galib and here you get mouth watering food items. If you are a non vegetarian then this is the place to be for you. You will get a varuety of Kebabs here and you can be at Manzoor Hotel and get taste of amazing food. You get Chicken kofta, dal gosht, brain curry and nihari with Khameeri roti. While returning from there you can stop at Old Kheer Shop to try their yummy keer which is there since 1880.
- Chandni Chowk : Delhi Street food list is incomplete without the taste of Chandni Chowk. Here so get both sweet and savouries. Parathewali Galli is a well known place to eat a wide variety of Parathas at Pandit Gaya Prasad Shiv Charan’s shop. Along with variety of Parathas you get curd, light curry of potatoes and tangy souce. After that you should go to Natraj Dahi Bhalla to have amazing Dahi bhallas. After that its Chaina Ram Sweets for Samosa and mithai.
- Moolchand : One more well known place to have Yummy Parathas is Moolchand. This place is quite old and is serving almost same taste from many years. It started as a stall and now is working as a big joint. There is a variety of beverages available along with Parathas.
- Chawri Bazar : This place is mainly known for wedding cards wholesale market. But it is also known for many food stalls. Breakfast lovers can come for the nagori halwa and puri at well known Shyam sweets. After that you can try daulat ki chaat and bedmi kachori. And if you reach in evening then you must try chaat variety at Ashok Chaat Bhandar. And to add the final taste of sweet you should have Kuremal’s kulfi which is a 100 year old place making amazing kulfi. Variety of flavours like Mango, Rose, Orange, Apple, Fig are available here.
- Dilli haat and INA Market : A mix of all Indian cuisines is Delhi Haat where you will all regional handicrafts along with variety of food items. Not everyone comes here for shopping, they come to only eat Kahwa, Dosa, Kachori, Appam, Chuski, Samosa, Curries and many more food items. INA Market is just on the other side of the road you will find variety of authentic South Indian food items.
- Lajpat Nagar : Mainly know as a shopping district but it is also heaven for tasty food lovers. Mainly known as a hub of Punjabi food items like Chole bhature, ram laddo, pakode, chole kuche and many more. You will see people come with their family and enjoy the Punjabi taste as well as street Chinese food and Sandwiches. You can get Sausage and Salami sandwich at Golden Fiesta with overflowing butter in it. And if you are momos lover then you should go to the stall which is next to Khanna Jewellers located at main market street area.
- Yashvant Place : If you are looking for pocket firendly food options then Yashvant Place foot stalls is where you should come. It serves IndoTibetan food items. You will get variety of momos, spicy noodles, soups and much more. One should try the Chiken Thukpa, fried or steam momos, chow min, chilli chken and various other food items. And if it is winter time then you will love it.
- Connaught Place : A place which is in a manner times square of Delhi. There are corporates as well shapping shopping freaks here. But one more reason it is famous for is food. You will get amazing Kake Da hotel’s mutton curry here and also very famous Rajma chawal at Shankar market. One should definitely try these if you are Rajma or mutton fan.
These are few of the Delhi famous street food places that you should visit when in capital city.